Scientists at EMBL Heidelberg have investigated stem cells and how they differentiate to become neurons. Their approach included an assessment of the complex interplay of molecules during the differentiation process and generated fundamental new insights into the role of a protein called Sox2 in…
Once the human genome was sequenced in 2001, the hunt was on for the genes that make each of us unique. But scientists at the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) in Heidelberg, Germany, and Yale and Stanford Universities in the USA, have found that we differ from each other mainly because…
No matching posts found
Read the latest Issues of our magazine - EMBLetc.
Issue 99, Winter 2022
– Uncovering a microbe’s inner life
– From coast to coast and beyond
– The power of a pesticide library
Issue 98, Winter 2021
– Synapse DeepMind database
– Nucleus Wrangling an octopus-like polymerase
– Cultures Mobile DNA sequencing
Looking for past print editions of EMBLetc.?
Browse our archive, going back 20 years.