Physicists, engineers and robotics experts work together in EMBL Hamburg’s Instrumentation Team to design instruments that support structural biology research. The team has finished a transfer robot that facilitates automated handling of protein crystals with care and precision. This will help…
Picture of the week
Scientists at EMBL Hamburg use droplets of protein solution to grow protein crystals. By exposing the crystals to X-rays, they are able to determine the protein’s molecular structure.
No matching posts found
Read the latest Issues of our magazine - EMBLetc.
Issue 99, Winter 2022
– Uncovering a microbe’s inner life
– From coast to coast and beyond
– The power of a pesticide library
Issue 98, Winter 2021
– Synapse DeepMind database
– Nucleus Wrangling an octopus-like polymerase
– Cultures Mobile DNA sequencing
Looking for past print editions of EMBLetc.?
Browse our archive, going back 20 years.