Edit

Alumni Relations

Meet and connect with the EMBL Community, find out how EMBL Resources can benefit you, Make a difference to EMBL with your time, expertise, networks or through giving

Luis Vacs

Luis Vacs, former Audio Visual Assistant, died on 10 December 2021 at the age of 66.

It is with great sadness that we share the news of the loss of our dear friend and former colleague Luis Vacs, who has left us after a short illness. Luis was an Audio Visual Assistant in the EMBL Photolab from 2004 to 2014 and was associated with EMBL for nearly 30 years. He was an engineer, an artist and above all a great friend and human being who helped everyone he encountered. Luis always had an interesting tale to cheer or inspire you and had the admirable ability to really listen. He touched countless people’s lives in a positive way and he will be greatly missed by friends and associates at EMBL and all over the world. Rest in peace, dear friend.

Doros Panayi and the EMBL Photolab team

Stefano De Renzis; EMBL Heidelberg Group Leader
Hola, Luigi. Thank you for the cheerful time, thank you for helping countless times without asking anything in return, thank you for the many coffee and chats about life. Thank you for helping that one time I put the coolant in the wiper tank of my wife’s car. I still hear you laughing while you taught me how to clean the circuit. By the way, you were right, the water is still oily… Adiós, my friend, we will miss you.

Condolences

If you would like to add a message of condolence for inclusion on the EMBL Alumni Obituaries’ page, please contact the Alumni Relations team.

Luis Vacs
Edit