Senior SAP HCM In-house Consultant
- Location: EMBL Heidelberg
- Staff category: Staff Member
- Job type: Administration
- Contract duration: 5 years (renewable)
- Grading: 6, 7 or 8; depending on experience (monthly salary starting from 3.7k€ up to 4.8k€ after tax, plus other benefits)
- Closing date: 28 March 2021
- Reference number: HD01922
Continue reading for more information about this position, or apply now
About this position
EMBL has a mature SAP system, which is used as the key information system for the management of Financial and HR issues. EMBL continues to develop its SAP system to support management and scientific budget holders. The SAP team is small and dynamic and comprises specialists who take the lead in administering and further developing the SAP modules in their areas of expertise (Financials/Controlling and Logistics, HR and Interfaces to non-SAP systems). The team members develop and retain solid in house expertise to ensure the stability of the system and optimize and further develop it where required.
You are a skilled SAP HR/ HCM Consultant with extensive experience of working on full lifecycle project implementations as well as supporting upgrades and integration projects. You possess a successful track record of European wide rollouts, including 5 full lifecycle SAP HR and/or Payroll implementation projects. You are happy to take initiative to develop effective solutions to problems with and having active and dynamic approach to work and getting things done efficiently.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the implementation of SAP Payroll solutions and improving existing functionality
- Maximizing digitalization opportunities within the SAP payroll function and overall SAP HCM area
- Designing and supporting the development of ESS/MSS driven workflow solutions
- Identifying and describing potential improvements to processes and systems that can lead to enhancements
- Delivering key conceptual and technical expertise to IT HR application projects.
- Advising colleagues on SAP HCM/PY matters
- Liaising with third party SAP consultants and internal stakeholders
- Investigating and resolving SAP HCM issues on a day-to-day basis (Payroll, Leave, OM, and PCP)
- In depth understanding of SAP HCM data processes and reporting
- A solid understanding of SAP Payroll Schema and configuration
- Ability to support and coordinate the implementation of SAP HR Support Packages and system upgrades
- Proven ability to deal with multiple stakeholders
- Strong cross-functional integration experience
- Excellent understanding of data migration concepts
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to analyse, describe and review complex processes and suggest pragmatic solutions
- Ability to challenge and question existing processes and suggest improvements
- Flexibility, diplomacy and patience
- Able to work in a small team
- Good consulting skills
- Customer focused
- Willingness to rise to any challenge
- Fluency in English and German
- Good sense of humour
You might also have
- Experience in ESS and MSS workflow design is an asset.
- ABAP coding and configuration experience within SAP HCM modules
- Previous relevant experience gained in an international environment
- Knowledge of French
Why join us
EMBL is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organization with a very collegial and family friendly working environment. The remuneration package comprises a competitive salary, a comprehensive pension scheme, medical, educational and other social benefits, as well as financial support for relocation and installation, including your family and the availability of an excellent child care facility on campus. EMBL is committed to internationality, diversity and equality, and as such encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
What’s it like to work at EMBL? Hear what some of our staff have to say on our YouTube channel http://s.embl.org/lifeatembl.
What else you need to know
We are Europe’s flagship research laboratory for the life sciences – an intergovernmental organisation performing scientific research in disciplines including molecular biology, physics, chemistry and computer science. We are an international, innovative and interdisciplinary laboratory with more than 1700 employees from more than 80 countries, operating across six sites, in Heidelberg (HQ), Barcelona, Hinxton near Cambridge, Hamburg, Grenoble and Rome.
Please note that appointments on fixed term contracts can be renewed, depending on circumstances at the time of the review.