- Location: EMBL-EBI Hinxton
- Staff category: Staff Member
- Job type: Administration
- Contract duration: 3 years (renewable up to 9 years)
- Grading: 3 (monthly salary starting at £2,346.68 after tax) + other paid benefits
- Closing date: 4 March 2021
- Reference number: EBI01779
Continue reading for more information about this position, or apply now
About this position
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Accounts Assistant to work in our small Finance and Purchasing team at the European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI). As our new Finance Assistant you will interact with a wider Administration team and work closely with group and team leaders and other colleagues at EMBL-EBI and EMBL Heidelberg.
The Finance and Purchasing team is based at the Wellcome Genome Campus, near Cambridge, UK; however it is a requirement of employment that you will be prepared to travel to other locations when required.
- Processing non-purchase order invoices involving the use of File-maker and SAP
- Request from group admin all missing information/documents for the processing on non-PO invoices.
- Processing purchase order invoices using SAP Xflow electronic invoicing
- Petty cash processing and reconciliation
- Bank account reconciliation
- Checking and reconciling credit card statements
- Raising requests for reimbursement using File-maker
- Processing visitor expense claims
- Credit control
- Process new supplier / change of details forms
- Potentially assist/support with financial projects run from Heidelberg
- Timesheet control for EBI staff
- Staff expenses checking and tracking
- Other tasks determined by the Head of EBI Administration, Senior Finance Officer and Finance and Purchasing Supervisor
- You should be competent in using computer packages including Word and Excel.
- Previous accounts payable experience and finance knowledge is essential.
- The post-holder will have a friendly and flexible manner, with good communication and interpersonal skills and will enjoy working in a busy international environment.
You might also have
- Ideally have previous experience in Filemaker and SAP.
Why join us
EMBL-EBI is a worldwide leader in bioinformatics. We encourage personal and professional development and are committed to ensuring our employees feel valued, supported and empowered to reach their potential at work.
Surrounded by beautiful South Cambridgeshire countryside, our state-of-the-art Campus provides employees with a relaxed atmosphere where the pursuit of scientific discovery and meaningful work, underpin every role. In addition, our employees have access to a wide range of benefits including:
- 30 days annual leave per year plus 8 bank holidays
- Flexible work arrangements
- Unique pension scheme including 17% employer contribution
- Annual salary review
- Private medical insurance for you and your immediate family (including all prescriptions and generous dental & optical cover)
- Death benefit, long-term care, accident at work and unemployment insurances
- Relocation package including installation grant (if required)
- On-site library and subsidised on-site gym and cafeteria
- Casual dress code
- Free shuttle bus to and from Campus
- Extensive sports and social club activities (run on campus and remotely)
- Family benefits: Onsite nursery, child sick leave, generous parental leave, holiday clubs on campus and monthly family and child allowances
- Benefits for non UK residents: Visa exemption, education grant for private schooling, financial support to travel back to your home country every second year and a monthly non-resident allowance
What else you need to know
To apply please submit a covering letter and CV through our online system. To view a copy of the full job description please click here.
At EMBL-EBI, we strongly believe that inclusive and diverse teams benefit from higher levels of innovation and creative thought. We encourage applications from women, LGBTQ and individuals from all nationalities. Visa exemptions will be offered to international candidates and details will be discussed during interview. We believe in science without borders and this continues after Brexit.
This role is based in Hinxton, UK and you will be required to relocate once it is safe to do so if you are currently based abroad. More info on how we are recruiting in this period is available on our page: Recruitment and Onboarding during Covid19.
This position is limited to a 3 year duration in the first instance.
We aim to provide a response within two weeks after the closing date.
Job no.: EBI01779