The breadcrumbs available and their values.
Breadcrumbs are sourced from the EMBL contentHub and shown using the Visual Framework components.
Add a new EMBL.org profile
All breadcrumb values
- Display vs internal name vs UUID: The display name is what is shown as a breadcrumb and the internal name is how the record is labeled in the contentHub. UUIDs are a unique hash that eliminates ambiguity in record matching. UUIDs are always preferred for breadcrumb generation, but the internal name will be matched before the display name.
- URL: the link that will be used for a breadcrumb.
- Primary facet: who, what or where, this is a terms primary representation and can give it higher or lower priority when generating ancestors.
- Record type: term, person or EMBL.org profile. Profiles are generally favoured by the script when calculating breadcrumbs.
- Parents: what a term links back to, depending on a page's active facet, different parents will be favoured.